By the Balanced Beyars
Super Bowl Sunday is an unofficial American holiday known for watching football while munching on some of the best appetizers and snacks you’ve had all year. But why endure the bloat, inflammation, and headaches that comes with greasy, sugar-laden foods? Instead, try out these healthy takes on classic game-day treats with an added boost of nutrients. They’re easy and delicious swaps that everyone can enjoy!
Game-Day Zucchini Fritters
• 2 large organic zucchini
• 2 pasture-raised or organic eggs
• 1/4 cup almond flour
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 1/4 cup tapioca flour
• 4 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil
1. Wash zucchini well. Slice into 1/4-inch rounds.
2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs.
3. In a separate, shallow bowl, combine flours and seasoning and mix well.
4. Add avocado oil to a skillet over medium heat.
5. Individually dip each zucchini round into the egg mixture, then the dry flour mixture. Place on heated skillet. Cook for about 1–2 minutes (until it starts to brown). Flip and cook for another 1–2 minutes.
6. Repeat until all zucchini is cooked. With each batch, make sure to add more avocado oil to keep the pan greased.
7. Once done, let fritters cool on a paper towel.
8. Serve with dip of your choice!
• 3 cups chickpeas
• 1/2 cup tahini
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Sea salt to taste
• Ground cumin to taste
• Parsley for garnish
1. Drain and rinse chickpeas with water.
2. Place all ingredients into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
3. Thin with a little water until desired consistency.
4. Serve, drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with cumin and parsley!
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Turmeric Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
• Coconut oil
• 1 large head cauliflower
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• Cracked pepper
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup hot sauce
• 3/4 cup almond flour
• 1 tablespoon ghee, melted (optional)
• Primal Kitchen avocado oil ranch dressing (optional)
• Cooking oil (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Rub coconut oil on bottom of pan.
3. Wash and cut cauliflower.
4. In a large bowl, add water, seasoning, and flour. Whisk until well combined.
5. Add cauliflower to batter and toss to combine.
6. Remove cauliflower pieces and tap off excess batter.
7. Place on prepared baking sheet. For extra crispiness, make sure pieces are not touching.
8. Bake for 10–15 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10 minutes, until golden brown.
Alaina, Carly, and Julie Beyar are the three Holistic Health Coach sisters that make up the Balanced Beyars! After playing collegiate-level soccer, they pursued their passion for helping people find their happiest and healthiest selves by enrolling in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. The on-the-go lifestyle they experienced as athletes inspired them to make healthy living an easy and accessible way of life for everyone. The Beyars now work with clients to achieve their goals, from exercise routines to meal planning and everything in between. Find them at BalancedBeyars.com and on Instagram!